Skip to main content

Mysteries solved!

Harry Potter came out of his home under the stairs and worked some magic on board PERSPECTIVE today!

Armed with a heap of experience, a volt-meter and a couple of zip-lock bags, David diagnosed our starting problem, and narrowed it down to one short piece of wire that was faulty.  Bi-passed, and abracadabra — she starts like a charm.

Next, we measured the water flow from the impeller to a bucket (at idle, and at 2000 RPM) and compared to the flow rate from the heat exchanger to a bucket — same results.  Aha, look upstream for problems, and presto magico — the O-ring for the strainer basket was lying behind the engine.  Cleaned, greased, installed and it was night and day — 4X the water flowing through the engine!

(Embarrasing, but simple!)

I went for a motor, half-way to the bridge at High RPM.  Tons of water flowing out, no steam and over six knots of boat speed.  We are ready for the lake now!

One thought on “Mysteries solved!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *