This has been another great GHYRA campaign for PERSPECTIVE. Here are the highlights:
- Line honours twice (first boat across the line): Thursday & Friday
- Podium finish in every race
- First place finish: Tuesday
- Three Second place finishes: Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
- Four Third place finishes: Sunday & Monday (Yes, we even got thirds on Canada Day, eh!)
- Ten regular crew members sailed at least one leg each
- Three guest crew whom I’m sure we’ll see again: Tom, Trevor & Mark E
- Glamping with Lazy Sheet
- Tons of laughs
- Ghosting in light breeze and flat seas where we were able to make (and keep) our own wind.
- Some comments from other racers last night at the awards: “Next year, I’m just following you guys” (Battlewagon, Nauti-Buoy)
Indeed, we took the road less traveled for three of the last four races and each time it paid off in spades.
Final result: Third overall in our fleet. Encore! Encore!